Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cohutta 100 cont.

Well, these things take time as my Dad would say.

The start is about two or three miles of pavement and went very quick probably because everyone wanted to get in the single track and out of the cold. My hands were stinging, long finger gloves would have been nice. Good position in the single track, maybe top 8 or ten. A gap opens up on the first small decent and here we go, lost site of the front group and start pushing harder. Pass and get passed by a few riders and finally catch the front chase group of Brandon D, Andy Mills, Harlan Price and a few others. We do some chatting and ride a long time together, but no one seems to be pushing too hard. Brandon and I do most of the work for a while since the other riders seem very content. The course starts to flatten out and I keep thinking to myself, we really could be making up lots of time if we could work together, why are we not- and the answer comes up just around the next corner. We just caught Tinker and Chris, they see us and Tinker takes off, not hard but enough to get out of site. Chris gets on the back of the train and we do some more work or Brandon and I do.

No comments: