Monday, March 09, 2009

From Snow to Sunny Weather

The Rock Pile at the gaps.


One weekend it's snowing and the next it's 75 degrees! Shey decided to race Snake Creek, so the boys and I headed to "the gaps" to get in some climb time.




Russell set up ride time and he brought Matt and Dylan with him, so they had a great group.




Cross brakes are not so good on the steep descents, so I brought my xc bike and went my own way.



The AT (appalachian trail) crosses at the top of Neels Gap and there is a really cool shop there with all sorts of camping equipment. It was busy, as this is the time of year that so many people set off on the AT in hopes of completing it over the next few months.




There are so many types of hikers. Older hikers, in tye-dye who are living a life-long dream, college hikers, in the north face, who need time to think about the future, and so many others who fit in-between.


Dahlonega is a wonderful area, with beautiful rivers (I forgot my camera on the ride....ooops, so you'll have to take my word for it) and fresh air.


Everett got his xc bike together, so we hit Heritage on Sunday. Always a fun trail. Pics of the 'new to us' bike, coming soon.

No comments: