Sunday, January 10, 2010

Icey Goatee

**
Yeah, the riding lately has been a little chilly. This means taking 15 minutes to pile on all the cold weather gear you own (which means 4 people wandering into all rooms of the house and rifling through everyone else's drawers), ride for three hours, then strip and throw everything in the wash so you will have it for the next day.


Frozen water bottles happen. I use hot water, so I have fluid for at least the first part of the ride.


I haven't taken the camera on the road, as I'm afraid it will freeze, but I assume we all look like the stay puffed marshmallow man going down the road, single file.



XC is warmer than the road, for sure. Icey rocks make for good entertainment, as well.....quite slippery. The trails are quiet and you don't see many people. Leaves cover the rocks and ruts and make it a guessing game on any descent. It's a great time of year!!






Icicles form on Shey's goatee. So funny.


**

No comments: