Thursday, April 26, 2007

Goal Smashed/2007 Cohutta 100

It's 7am, cold and I find myself standing on the starting line with a few hundred other riders all wondering if they have the right food, enough drink, and if they should be wearing more clothes. Surrounded by many friends and fellow racers, to my immediate right is a road TT National Champ Andy Applegate/Landrover Cannondale, Garth Prosser/BearNaked Cannondale, Harlan Price/Independent Fabs, and maybe Dan Jansen/Niner bikes. Ok, do I really need to be in this crowd, feeling a little out of place now. On my left is some dude on what looks like a freeride bike that is sweating like we have ridden 20 miles already. Hmmm, Take a quick look behind me and see Tinker Jaurez/Cannondale, Mark Hendershot/Syndicate SantaCruz, Ernesto Marenchin/Speedgoat, Dave Hall/KHS-Kenda, BrandonDraugelis/BearNaked Cannondale, Eddie'Odea/Kona, Andy Mills/Trek and it looks like he brought Chris Eatough with him. Why is my heart rate going up while I sit here just looking around.

More soon.

No comments: