Monday, May 07, 2007

The Blue Whale - My hippie roots are showing.




I can't believe that we haven't taken the time to show off our newest member of the family. After a short debate, we decided to purchase an old VW bus. It's a 1989 vanagon with westfalia bench in the back that makes out into a bed.


Shey has been sneaking it from me in the mornings, so I haven't had the chance to drive it, yet.


We took it to the 12 hour race this weekend and it was so sweet! The boys and I just lounged around and stretched out our legs in the back. Super nice place to chill and it had room for all our gear, too. We loved having it there. I understand it will take me an extra 10 hours to get to any race, now and only one speaker works...but, that's okay because the stereo system is so bad that you can't understand the music anyway!


The oil light isn't buzzing at us anymore and the air conditioner isn't blowing hot air...all thanks to Shey and his dad. Thanks guys!


I am very, very excited about taking this out on road trips and hope it holds together for us. (I think it feels like one of the cool kids, now that we put some stickers on the back window.)



Kari

No comments: