Monday, June 09, 2008

All that work!

We had an awesome trip to TX this past weekend to visit our family. When we got home, the garden was in pretty bad shape from being negleted for 4 days. It was a little upsetting.


This was 5 days before we left.




This was what the three of us found when we got back.



The boys and I worked pretty hard on the garden this spring, so I spent a few hours trying to salvage what plants I could. I got a few green beans, but the blooms on most of the plants looked like they did not set, so there won't be much to freeze, unfortunately.




Shey told me, over the phone, that it looked bad, but I guess if it's not a bike..........


Next year, we will set up a sprinkler system and ask our friends/neighbors to water the garden for us when we are gone. I'm sure I can bribe Kindle with some "two buck chuck" wine!

No comments: