Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend events

Again, LIFE IS GOOD!!

Not only do we have wonderful family and friends, but ..............................







we found family sized HUMMUS!!!










Saturday, I wanted to get in a run before the rain hit, so I took Indy with me and investigated the neighboring subdivisions. It's not as much fun as running on the trails, but you do get to wake up all the local dogs and get every one barking in unison. :>)


Who needs T.V. when you have these guys?

















Shey took off to ride with some friends, so the boys and I headed in to the Carlos Museum at Emory University. This is a very cool place. At one point I was looking very, very, very closely at a mummy, in hopes of seeing some piece of dried jerky, or a tendon or SOMETHING that no one else had ever noticed before. Yes, I would be the first one, being of scientific mind, to see this particular tendon peaking through the linens and I would very calmly and cooly, make a note to the curator, in passing, that "Hey did you notice the tendon there on the middle mummy? No? Well, if you look very closely you will see it." Then much excitement would commence and an award for keen observation would be handed my way........... Oh, well. I didn't really see anything, AND when I stood up from my very obvious scrutiny of the body, there was a guard standing just to the right, who, I imagine, had been staring at this very strange visitor who was fogging up the glass!




After the museum, we headed over to Molly's to eat yummy pancakes and visit. Lucky for me, she had just made cookies, too! So we got to eat whole wheat walnut pancakes and chicken sausage, with many cookies in-between. We discussed the new yoga class we had attended this past week. It's not the meditative yoga that I use for prayer and study of my faith, but is an excercising sort that was a fun workout. James keeps the room at 90 degrees so you are warm and quite sweaty by the end of the workout. It really stretches the tight shoulders, and entire back area that a cyclist tends to keep in a constant state of tension and strain. It's hard and I liked it. I have always meant to try this kind of excercise, but never took the time. I'm glad I did.


After we said "good-bye" to Molly and Lilith, we headed over the the Farmer's Market. It's always packed on the weekend, so we just picked up a few things. (including Molly's favorite sea salt seasoning)




Mango nectar for Mango Lassi.













On Sunday, we met the Fulton Flyers team and friends at Stone Mountain for the "Lamar training session". Word on the street is that Ken and Jansen were enjoying the sprints, otherwise known as the "some of us are going to be stronger than others" read as, "PROVE IT". The true sprint work will come later on the flat section of the park.

Shey rode from the house and hit some trails along the way. He met us after the ride. The temperatures had dropped and it was about 40 degrees by the end of the ride. Being on the road, with the strong winds, it was quite chilly.




On the way to the ride, we found this drink at Kroger. (eagle eye Shey has taught me to look for the orange "manager's special" stickers, in the organic section)

Lamar gave me the thumbs-up for this drink, so it was our liquid lunch. (the Kefir, not the coffee)

Aimee found her camera, so here are some more pictures from our December girlie day.

1 comment:

newman said...

love hummus

all good, excellent pot size!

newman