Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Family Visits

We see my family often, but they travel this way and stay with us every other year.



Dad helps me with a ton of work that needs to be done on the house and yard each visit.


And Mom and I get to drink Kahlua and shop at the local nurseries.



This time we are working on the garden (irrigation system, raised beds and new fence), repairing holes in our walls (all dad's work), finishing the chicken coop, replacing the gutters and roof and so much more.

Raised beds with an irrigation system.

My garden frog.
This is the coolest thing ever! Dad added a faucet to the base of the irrigation system, so I can connect a water hose for hand watering the lower beds. It took me over an hour to hand water the garden last year. It will probably take about 15 to 20 minutes to water it this year. Love it!!!
Indy is always right by my side to help with the work.



But, it wasn't all work.

Easter fun.

We visited the Oakhurst community garden. (the boys and I love to stop by there)


Mom and I took a trip to the Monastery to pick up some herbs for the garden. Yum!!



Mom and Dad loved the chickens! Oh, and we got ducklings, which our guests and two sons got to share a bathroom with! I will take pictures of them soon. They are growing much faster than the chicks did.



Georgia wildlife.

Beer and a basket full of seeds. Life is good.

No comments: