Monday, March 15, 2010

Chainbuster race at Heritage Park

We decided to race the six hour race at Heritage this weekend as 2/two person teams.


This is part of a 6/12 hour race series put on by Chain Buster Racing and they are closely affiliated with Dirty Spokes Racing. These two guys seem to really support each other and their races are top notch! That means fun for everyone!


http://www.chainbusterracing.com/home.php


http://www.dirtyspokes.com/mtb.php


So Shey decided to divy up the teams like this: Shey and Kari, 2 person co-ed : Everett and Jansen 2 person male.


Here is Jansen lining up for the start. It was chilly (in the 50's I think), but we knew we would warm up fast on the course.






I think the guys were thankful that there was no Lemans start! Shey has wings from the camera he was wearing on his helmet.


Everybody getting ready for the parade lap. Nope, unfortunately there is no waving or throwing of candy......bummer!
Nathan, Andy, Jansen, Shey and Jeremy coming through on the parade lap. Fast!
We all thought the course was be very sloppy, but considering all the rain we got this past week, the course was in great condition. There was some mud and slick roots, but it was fast, fast, fast and not nearly the mess we imagined it would be!
The weather was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. It was windy and I think that helped to dry out much of the trail. Shey coming through after his last lap. He was on a single speed. I rode my single speed last weekend, but had gears for this race, and the shifting was smooth, so no complaints.
Everett forgot his helmet, so we ran around asking if anyone had an extra, right before we were both supposed to hit our laps. A super nice guy let us borrow his "old Bell" helmet. That kept the guys from having to transfer their transponders and helmets!
The course felt fast with little recovery, so as a team, it was sprint, cool down, sprint, cool down. Tough, tough, tough.
It was loads of fun to see both boys out on the trail and also at the car, in between laps. Good times.
Seriously, when I came in from my first lap, there were no less than five good friends of ours who were there waiting to see how I was feeling and if I needed anything. That was pretty awesome! And other than being out of shape, I felt so much better than I have in a long time.
I'm just loving this helmet!
It was so great to hang out and ride with so many good friends.
Here are the Newman brothers. They just kept smiling and pedaling the whole six hours. I even got to ride with one of the guys around the field at the finish of a lap. Their bike handling skills are pretty amazing and they are a blast to ride with!


The expert guys.




Shey met Becky and Matt (on the right) at DSG and I got a chance to meet them this past weekend. Very nice!



To top it off, we could show our medals at the gate on the way out of the facility and pick up a 6 pack of New Belgium beer. Quick lap time updates, fast awards, good music, awesome course and beer.....I mean, does it get any better than that?????

1 comment:

ipaq said...

Congrats to all of you!! I really think it's great that your family does things like this together... I've always wanted to race with my older brother but we're never in the same place at the same time. See you around this season!