Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Pisgah & SE Region XC Camp




All three guys headed up to Pisgah for the week for the USAC southeast regional xc camp for juniors. Andy ( www.cycleyouth.com) runs the camp and this year he had Andy Applegate, Jeremiah Bishop, Shey, Cory and Wes helping out. Other years, he has had Tristan, Thad and Chris Herndon work with the juniors.

All had a great time riding the amazing trails at Dupont and Pisgah. They called on the fairies, swam with the snakes and did NOT make an emergency room trip! Somehow the young riders survived, what I'm sure was, some unusual meals. (I've seen those guys cook....)

I spent a fun week riding locally, then headed up to Pisgah on the Saturday the camp ended. I got in a little ride that morning, after sitting in traffic for 2 hours between home and Atlanta. Then I had a lovely lunch with the family. The guys then headed home and I stayed in Pisgah and rode through Monday.

The cool thing about Pisgah is there is water EVERYWHERE. You can always camp by the river and fall asleep to the sound of rushing water.


Sunday morning, Anet met me at Dupont and we headed out for a 4+ hour ride.

Anet, wondering if I have any idea where I am going....



The local wildlife.


Anet did this with one hand tied behind her back.


Road trippin'


Pretty mountains up here.


I stayed by the fish hatchery, which is pretty cool to tour.



Jansen picked up some fireworks on the way home from that camp to set off on July 4th.

No comments: