Thursday, March 20, 2014

SE Bike Expo & NAHBS 2014



The Southeast Bike Expo, National Handmade Bicycle Show, Chainbuster race and Huracan 300 were all on the same weekend this year.  We had to choose.  The NAHBS we attended in 2010 was probably my very favorite cycling industry event of all time, so I knew I wanted to go back when it was on the east coast again.

So, we hit the SE Bike expo on Friday for dealer day.  It was perfect!  We saw a ton of friends and got to visit before they got busy on the weekend.  Mike, Rich, Eric, Tim, Jim, Brady, Bruce, and a ton more guys were there representing.  Great to see everyone in one place.  Good new....Kenda has reworked my favorite tires.  (the kind I have been riding for 10+ years...once a Kenda girl, always a.......used to pick them up at the NORBA National series races for a great price)  All three styles are lighter and faster.  That is a good thing and I can't wait to try them out.  The weather was warm and sunny and the company was spectacular.


I didn't really get pictures of anybody.
Shey made  a friend.
Expo bullet proof wristband.


Next, we stopped in Atlanta and picked up Jansen then headed to Charlotte, NC for the handmade bicycle show.


We had tickets for Friday and Saturday, but got in late Friday evening and thought Saturday would be enough.  Adam and Nancy would be driving in for the show, so we were looking forward to catching up with them.

The bikes were lovely and it was hard to get pictures because there were men drooling and shooting with their fancy cameras everywhere.  They were mesmerized.

I got a cool Industry 9 belt buckle and bottle opener.

Nate Zukas.  Shey is on the list for one of his bikes and it was hard to get through to his table, because it was loaded with people....asking to get on the list!  Pretty cool.  His blue bike was amazing, but its behind the curtain here.

Peacock....see it?
See what I mean about getting pictures?

Pretty cool mural



Thomson is everywhere!!!  (nice visit with Rob and Dave)

I mean EVERYWHERE!!


Tom Ritchey and my steel 650b......yes, it's a possibility.
There was a great St. Patricks day parade going on in the street and we got to see some interesting things on the way to lunch.  Storm troopers in kilts, bearded ladies on stilts.......anything and everything was in this parade.


wooden bike


shamrock

I9




Been around forever!  Thank goodness!
Trail work bike
Pretty


Sweet Alchemy
Complete with mason jar cage

Making cages and happy doing it









track




On Monday Jansen and I went in to pick up my climbing gear from Mitch at the Gear Revival  http://www.thegearrevival.com/.  He is MOST knowledgeable about everything outdoors!  

REI had sold out of tickets to the BANFF film festival and I was tired anyway, but then Aimee texted me that they had tickets, so we drove over to see Rob and Aimee and the girls for a bit, then headed back to GA Tech to was the show.  We caught up for a bit with Molly, then I dropped J off at his place and headed home.  Now to catch up on sleep......



**

No comments: