Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thankful for Good Friends!

I have good friends who are always up for some play time outside.

They are intelligent, self sufficient, strong and adventurous.  As we meet up for our trail runs, mountain bike rides, paddling, bouldering and hiking, I realize this even more.  Our discussions vary, but it is always good for the soul.

AT section from Woodys to Neels.  It was an amazing day for a hike.
Molly and Amy hiking Blood Mountain section of the AT
There was still ice and a little snow on the peaks

Amy's into natural popsicles

Molly brought the beer and doughnuts.  Awesome view, with awesome snacks and great friends.

Mmmmm, beer and doughnuts.
Amy dreaming of queso
Molly politely stuffing doughnuts......or feeling ill over the thought of queso.
We did the complete section, so hit the road at the shop and jogged back to the car.
Amy and Molly headed back to Atlanta and I stayed the night at the Hiker Hostel with Leigh and Josh.  Planning for a trail run tomorrow.
Leigh and Josh  cooking breakfast



Then Ludacris showed up.  Leigh and L. are homies, from way back



I checked on the hostel chickens.

Then went for a run.
Great views
Beautiful Day
Okay, if I keep stopping to take pictures I will never get in 12 more miles.

I have always been thankful to have found my group of friends in Atlanta.  As a young adult, my dreams were of solo hikes with my dog.  Then I gave birth to two boys who love the woods.  Then I sent out a letter asking for any females to join my team for a 24 hour mountain bike race and sweet Aimee replied.  She brought Kate with her, and Alison and Molly, and so many others close behind.  Now Shey is joining in on the fun and hitting the mountains more often with me.  It's such a good life!

No comments: