Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Day for Wine

Had a really great ride with Kindle yesterday. We stopped and got a boxed lunch at Indian Springs and had a picnic at Dauset, after a marvelous mtb ride. So much fun! That is such a great trail.

Today was a bit of a bummer. A hawk got one of the smaller chickens. Then I got a phone call that my dad is in the hospital with chest pains.

I have extremely cool parents and all I can say is that he had better get over this whole heart attack thing quickly, because we still plan to meet them in Oregon in October for some really good times! Mom and Dad are flying up from Texas and the boys and I will meet them. Then the guys take off to fish and do guy stuff, while my mom, aunt and I rent a house on the beach and consume wine and chocolate. (Aunt Alyce is not backing out of that tatoo this time!)

Dad is one of those guys that does everything he can for anyone he knows....or doesn't know. He is always fixing things for people, taking veggies from his garden to his neighbors and visiting and taking care of his relatives. We have a little gardener competition going on. It's pretty funny actually because we're so cool about it....like, So, do you have any tomatoes, yet? Oh, I've got hundreds of green ones. What about you? Oh, thousands....I'm practically feeding a third world country.

He's just an amazing guy and I've been one lucky girl to have him around in my life. Love ya Dad. Get better asap, because it's all about Oregon.

No comments: