Monday, July 14, 2008

Keep Forgetting the Camera

The trails at Pinhoti and Bear Creek are gorgeous and I hate it when I forget my camera when we are riding in that area. No cool pictures to show.

So, we start our warm up on Bear Creek, then continue to warm up on a climbing section of Pinhoti. The boys pull away and I get into my groove, turn on the ipod and listen to some great Mason Jennings, then Everclear pops into my ear next, then zpppppt.......it dies. Nothing, nada, no music. My little ipod shuffle is tired of getting all sweaty, muddy and rained on. He says goodbye and coughs a bit and he goes up to the electronic haven in the sky. This is the same place where my phone went after being dropped in too many puddles. It still had the black mud, from a national race in TX, in between the number pads.

Normally, I don't need or even like music when I am riding on the dirt. The scenery and sounds of mother nature are ten times better than my favorite bands. However, on a humid day, when there is a good bit of climbing to be done the music keeps me from thinking things like....hmmm, when was the last time I did hill repeats? Is that me wheezing or is there a bug flying around me? Wow, I didn't know I could sweat this much. Georgia is very humid. Is this the season that the bears are angry and hungry, or that only in the spring? Is there more climbing around that turn? I have an itch that I can't reach through the slats in my helmet.



The four of us hit Pinhoti/Bear Creek/Potato Patch/Mountain Town and had a blast. Shey and Jansen finished up just before the storm hit. Everett and I took a shorter route, then put the hammock up by the creek and caught up on all the teenage goings on.....and maybe we napped a bit, but we won't tell the other guys! We sat in the freezing creek water after hitting the climbs. Mucho good for the thighs.

As Shey finished soaking in the creek, Jansen headed that way, when a huge flash of lightening and a vibrating crash sent him sailing back to the car. Hmm....creek in a storm, not so good.

Here is a Lindner in a creek at Sugar Mt.





Sunday, was the Sorella Cycling photo shoot. That is a great group of ladies. Huge variety of ages, personalities, physical abilities, careers and talents. Anne did a great job of getting everyone together for the shoot and Theresa drove all the way from South Carolina to be in the pictures. Very cool! (I forgot my camera for that one, too) They said about 60 ladies were there. I can't imagine if all 180 members showed up!! Yikes.

No comments: