Sunday, August 15, 2010

Belladium Womens Ride hits 150!!


Lee's team, Belladium, had a women's ride this past weekend. They reached their limit of 150 registered riders for the 32 mile road route. That is AWESOME!! Team Belladium provided cue sheets, a lovely route through the green countryside, yummy lunch and a very cool goody bag with a baby blue tshirt....women's fit!



So, Molly, Jen and I decided to make the drive up to ride with Lee.




I drove up Saturday morning, and stopped at Greenlife, in Chattanooga, along the way. This is Molly's favorite grocery store, so I wanted to check it out.


Very cool beer selection.


And the icing on the cake is that Rock Creek Outfitters is two doors down! Love that store!!



The ride started/ended at Arrington Vineyards, which is south of Nashville.




Jen, Molly and friends.





It was really amazing to see the ladies lined up down the road. What a great group!



It gets a little toasty in Tennessee during the summer, so we found some shade after the ride and cooled for 2 minutes before heading back out to cheer on and ride along side some more ladies.

Mo, me and Jen. Yep, don't really know what is going on with the oooh-la-la unzipped jersey there.


Lee, Jen, Molly, and new friend.


Lee and David, our old Ga Cross buddies.



Lunch was perfect! It really hit the spot when I cooled down and found out I was starving.


Grapes on the vine.



After the ride, I changed and headed into Nashville for some sight-seeing. The Team Belladium lunch really hit the spot and I was a happy camper....off to see the Parthenon.




Athena



The history of the building and all the other buildings, that were demolished, was pretty interesting. They had actually built the blue grotto, complete with gondola rides into the cave and greek statues. ( I will never forget our boat ride into the blue grotto on the Island of Capri. We had to lay down in the boat and ride in-between the waves, and the boat still slammed up against the top wall of the opening to the cave. Yikes!)




Next, I hit the farmer's market. Nashville has a REAL farmer's market and it's huge!


They also have a garden center, an air conditioned international food court and a really cool flea market. The flea market reminded me of the shops along the border of Mexico. (US side)


I picked up some peaches and a tomato for snacking on the way home.




Huge thanks to Team Belladium for putting on a great event and I know they will fill up quickly for 2011.

1 comment:

mo--- said...

It was a great weekend!!! Thanks for being part of it. :)