Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow in January!! (head to Florida!)


We had a really great snow two weekends ago and it stayed on the ground (well, turned more to ice) for the whole week! That is uber cool in the south!


I FINALLY finished up with my LAST surgery (I seriously hope, because this getting sooo old) on the Friday before the snow and couldn't resist sneaking out for a little ride on the ice. Yep, my dad was absolutely right, BIG MISTAKE! Serious pain the next morning. Nope, two pairs of riding shorts doesn't really make a difference. Oh well, what's a little more recovery time, right? (don't tell my dad, though)




I think I saw a total of like 4 cars on the road. It was really quiet and peaceful.



So there was no school for the boys and no work for me for the entire week and we LOVED it! Shey wanted to hit the mountains for a day or two on the following weekend, but I checked the temps in Florida and it was going to be 68 and sunny.....hmmmm, no comparison!

So, what do you do when you have 7 hours of ride time in store and the temps in Ellijay will reach a high of 54? You inch over the ice to the highway and head to FLORIDA!!!! Yeah!!!!




San Felasco on Saturday and Santos on Sunday.





There were armadillos everywhere at San Felasco, but none would pose for a good pic. Oh, my gosh, is there anything better than a snickers bar at the halfway mark of a 3+ hour ride....I think not!






We hit rain on the way back on Monday, so we didn't stop at Arrowhead or Dauset and it was nice to get back home pretty early in the day.


Shey has had sinus issues, so he puts on little show for us now and then.




Samantha, otherwise knows as "satan", likes to sleep up in the vent in the garage.



It is quite a circus act for her to get up and down from there, but she loves it and talks to us while we work in the garage. You can see where the vent is in the top left of this picture. She can also walk through that passageway and get to the basement.......where she sometimes finds herself stuck.


**

No comments: