Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FATS and Warmer Weather



The boys and I headed to Fats for some long base ride time.  The weather was warm and the drive was a great time to catch up on all the guys' goings-on.  AND....we bought a bag of peanut butter M&Ms and they were AWESOME!  (alas, the weather was so warm that I also got bit by a fire ant AND a mosquito!)



I was looking rather dapper with my ultra cool new white grips......



........and the even cooler white Hayes brake levers that Shey just installed.  Shabam!  I now have brakes that, well, brake!  Yeah!  That made it a really fun ride and I absolutely loved my hours in the woods.  Thanks so much to my very excellent bike mechanic, whom I sometimes have to bribe with a six pack and/or Starbucks, but always keeps my bike running smooth for me.  Love you and much gratitude, Shey!


FATS is a really cool trail system in South Carolina, with a lot of very fast, ultra-smooth trail.  You have to be very careful, because the trail is so fast, to watch for oncoming traffic.  (that keeps you on your toes)   It is a really wonderful, feel good trail to hit during the winter for long zone 2 rides.  


I checked out the signage, as I wasn't  sure when hunting season ended, if ever, but......

 

thanks to Sorella Cycling, I got the orange thing COVERED!




The VW wagon hit some serious miles on the way to FATS, so we had to stop to take a photo.





Good times, great ride and the legs felt really great to be back on the bike. 

No comments: