Monday, September 05, 2011

TNGA Day 3

*
Shey just called from Mulberry Gap after having a large-yummy breakfast. (I love their breakfast!) He slept very well last night and is about to take a nap.
*
He is extremely happy with his ride, so far. He didn't really bring stuff for riding in the rain, since this was to be a good-time ride, but once your are out there, you kind-of want to keep on riding, no matter what. So, I'm sure he wishes he had the right equipment now, as it rained hard up there this morning. 
*
Eddie is seriously time trialing this ride and just reached the border. That is uber fast! What a great ride time. Right at two days flat for the final time. That is very impressive.  I think he and Namrita traveled to some of the 100 mile races this year and that sounds like the most fun training for a cross-state ride, ever! 
*
I was reading an old Dirt Rag magazine last night and saw a picture of, what I assume, is the guy  I met in FL last year. He had a big green traveling van (that was free from stickers, but is now COVERED in them from his travels) and had just started traveling all over the U.S. riding trails.   In FL he was talking to some guys who plot routes and ride their mtb across most of the states in the U.S. Sounds like fun and the guys were very quiet and humble about their undertakings. I asked them if they had a website or blog, since I would love to read about their adventures, and they looked at me like I was crazy for thinking computers and mtbs mixed. Oh, well.   I mentioned this to some locals because the Trans GA ride was forming, and boy did I get in trouble for mentioning that someone else had ridden across this state on a mtb. Funny.   That does sound like a lot of fun, though.  Now, how to turn that into a career that supports a family of four........I'm workin' on it.........
**

No comments: