Monday, February 06, 2012

Chocolate and Wine

Elizabeth and I had a uber cool spin class this week.  We set up right by the windows and it was pouring rain outside.  Great music and warm temps inside with lots of catching up when we could breathe.




The forecast for the weekend was 70 degrees, even in the mountains.  So, I made some plans to head up to Dahlonega and reserved a seat for the chocolate and wine tasting at Three Sisters Vineyards.



Sharon and her brother Ken offered a great selection of yummy wines and delicious chocolates.


I had a very nice 8+ mile run through some local vineyards/dirt roads prior to the tasting, so I was very happy with tired legs and a tummy full of chocolate and wine.

Three Sisters Vineyard.
Next it was off to a late evening massage and facial.  I don't wear makeup, color my hair or have my nails done, but it is amazing how much a deep tissue massage helps keep my back from getting so tight.  I always plan to get a massage once a month, but it happens more like once a year or once every year and a half.  It's hard to find a good massage therapist for athletes in a tourist town, and this massage was not really what I needed, but the lady was very nice and the facial was awesome.

**

After my massage I headed over to Leigh Saint's  Hiker Hostel for some rest.  I visited with Leigh for a bit, then hit my favorite outside chair and watched the moon rise over the mountains.  The temperature was perfect, not too cold and not too warm.  I enjoyed my slice of pumpkin bread and some of the chocolate I had left over from the wine tasting.


After a good nights sleep, Leigh and Willie made everyone an amazing breakfast.

Fresh eggs, french toast, oj, oatmeal, etc, with some very yummy coffee.


I was pretty tired, so I took most of the morning to relax and read and hydrate.  Then Leigh sent me off on a great running loop along this road.

I prefer trail running, but dirt roads are second best and it's awesome when you run to the sound of this....
After, my run, I hiked for a bit, then jumped on the bike and rode around the backroads (and passed several vineyards) for about 3 hours.  Great views and not too much traffic.

**

For lunch I headed to the old town square in Dahlonega.  I stopped at Shennanigans, where I ate my Bailey's Irish Cream Pie FIRST, with a pint of whatever irish beer they said was good.

Then the waitress suggested this awesome sandwich!  Oh, it was soooo good.  I sat on the deck and enjoyed the great weather.....in February....crazy!



Then it was time to head back home, but first I stopped at the Bass Pro Shop to put my hands on the new a couple of the new Garmin gps devices.  I have narrowed it down to two different handhelds, but wanted to play with them for a bit, before I make my final decision.  Ugh, gps, yuck.  I like paper maps and I don't know about relying on these files and batteries, as such......we'll see.

**

Great weekend for me and guys did their fun local rides together.

**

No comments: