Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013


Christmas was filled with cookies, cookies and more cookies.  Good food, a fun family and lots of time to hang out together.  

My Aunt Alyce gave me a Christmas ornament each year when I was growing up and our family has kept up that tradition with the boys.  So our tree started off with only my ornaments, then filled with ones given to each of the boys and Shey.  Now there are enough to load it to full capacity.    I'm not much for decorating and can barely match my clothes when I go to the store, but decorating the tree is always full of great stories and memories of each year we received these small gifts.

This is one of the oldest ones...early '70's.

We decorated ninjabread cookies.  There is disco guy with a 'fro, belly dancer, rock-n-roller with guitar, cyclops, jazz hands, confused guy with weird nunchucks......

We went for our Christmas drive and walk to look at lights.
Fairyland was decorated like the North Pole.

So thankful to have such a cool family, including the ones with four legs.


Serena....not so photogenic......Indy....confused......
Back at home we made out pretty well with a new slackline for the family, an antique typewriter, rollerblades (given and ridden early), cast iron tea pot, several new albums for the record player, elbow pads for riding rocks and this super cool luchador bottle opener.


Indy and Serena love to open presents.
I bought a puzzle for the family to do, but once we opened the box, I kept coming back to it and was at one point using a headlight to work on it so it wouldn't disturb the guys watching a movie.  I thought we would take a week or so to take our time and work on it, but instead..........I finished it at 1:30am and am banned from ever buying one again, per all the men I live with.  Note:  don't get a puzzle with 500+ pieces and lots of brown and grey rock.

No comments: