Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Ride 2013

The weekend after Christmas, Jansen and I picked up Jafer and headed to Mulberry Gap.  Wes was there too and the three guys took off together.


We were trying to beat the rain, but it started sleeting about 10 minutes into our ride.  Then a light rain followed.

The creeks were running strong and the woods were so pretty.

I actually came across three other groups of riders and several hikers, out to play in the cold and drizzle.

After my ride, I went for a run that was a walk, until I could feel my toes again, then it was a run.  While I was running Ginni made the guys BBQ sandwiches and they were smiling and very happy when I arrived at the barn.
Wes, Jansen and Jafer found a game to play while we waited on dinner.  Hilarious!
Dinner was amazing as always and dessert was very cool.  Matt Smith donated an indoor s'more maker to Mulberry Gap and the roasting of marshmallow commenced.
There was fantastic music playing all afternoon and into the evening.  It has been really neat to see the changes Mulberry Gap has made to their property over the years and Andrew did a fantastic job enclosing the barn.  It was cozy and warm and perfect.

**

No comments: