Monday, January 13, 2014

Hiking flooded trails

It was 6 degrees on Tuesday morning  of this week, then almost 70 degrees this weekend.  I went for a run in a t-shirt on Saturday!  Crazy weather!

We have had so much rain this year that the ground stays saturated, so a hard rain brings on flooding easily.  On our hike this weekend, Everett and I did quite a bit of bushwacking around the flooded trails at GIHP.

There is a long dock under the water there somewhere.  And another dock submerged.


More flooded trail

The moss loves all the rain, though!

I wished I had brought the kayak for a sweet paddle, but our hike was long and quiet with people staying away due to the wet trails.  

I'm thankful for the rain and my winter garden will love it (if it doesn't drown), but I will bring my boat next time, for sure!


No comments: