Monday, April 21, 2014

Bouldering Fridays

The Wisteria is in full bloom here and it is still cool enough to climb.  I found a great set of boulders located on a peninsula at a nearby lake.  The wind blows across this finger of land and keeps the boulders dry and free of moss.




There are also tons of gravel forest service roads and some single track nearby, so I can make a full day of it.  So, it has become my Friday rhythm to pack trail shoes, bike, boat, pad and snacks.


I use my boat tie downs to strap the pad to the back of the necky.  Then it is a 30 to 40 minute paddle across the lake depending upon the wind.  


The views are great and I'm usually alone.  One time I passed two middle aged ladies sun bathing on two brand new rec boats.  They followed me and asked if they could watch.  They ate their lunch and cheered.....it was weird.  Every once in while the wind would shift and I could tell they were smoking something other than cigarettes....so weird.

Anyhoo, that only happened once and the other days I have had peace and solitude.


The rocks are great.

When the water level is low, I think I will find more cracks to investigate.



Then I load up and head back across the lake for a run and ride.


Thankful to have Fridays for some quiet time outside.

Happy Spring Everyone!

*


No comments: