Friday, October 03, 2014

Shining Rock with Shey


We headed back to Pisgah for some ride and hike time.  Since I keep putting off buying new mtb shoes, Shey ordered me a pair and they look like storm troopers.  Though I spent much time in my youth training to be a Jedi knight, I am okay with storm troopers on my feet. 


 Shey had a race on Saturday, but had his start time wrong and came back to the cabin to hike with me.  We hit the Shining Rock Wilderness area.



And scrambled a few miles up a rocky trail to some amazing views.

Parked at Big East Fork.  Shining Rock to Art Loeb
To Greasy Cove to Big East Fork 
 Sun shine on one side and a cloud wall on the other.
It's was a nice loop to hike, though the rocks were slick and I landed on my a** a couple times.

 Several creek crossings on the way down.




 Reading the marker



Then back to Mo's cottage to work on the cabinet doors.

And setting out fall decoration
 Then more hiking.  At Deep Gap we hit the FS road to Farlow Gap, where we did not use our dog sled, to Daniel Ridge to loop road back.
 Great views and loads of fun time together

The next day was all about mtb.  Me and my storm troopers headed out to the fish hatchery for some fun singletrack and scouting out new loops.



Can't wait for more....too bad work gets in the way in the for a few days........

**

No comments: