Monday, November 10, 2014

AT and BM section Hikes

First, local hiking with the boys and Serena.

I enjoy our hikes together.
Then Serena and I packed up for the mountains.   Here a crew is stripping the limbs from the road side of the trees.
Serena is packed up and ready to go.
I kept our miles to 12-14 a day, since Serena hasn't been running with me much lately.
After the first day of 12 miles on the Benton Mackaye trail, she was toast.  We slept well, even though it was 22 degrees.
14 mile route to the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail.
I had not hiked this section in years, but the trail was in great condition.





We easily reached the plaque at the start of the AT.

Springer Mountain
And were rewarded with a very foggy view.  The icey white forest was amazing!
So pretty.
Gorgeous white and no BUGS!
We detoured on the Benton Mackaye on the way back to add some more miles.

Back down by the river near Three Forks.

On to hike another section toward Hightower Gap/Cooper Gap Rds.
With the foliage gone, the views were awesome!
I could stay up here forever!

No comments: