Tuesday, September 16, 2008

4 Hours of Pig

This is one of the coolest local races. It's laid back and very fun. Flat course, which is almost all in the shade. Very friendly people. No mic in your face when you finish. And a cool pint glass as your reward. Ah, yes, that's the life!


All the proceeds go to the children's home and Charles does a great job!


Shey raced his cross bike and was doing very well, until he flatted on lap 6. He said "that's enough" and chilled out with Jansen who had shifting issues and stopped at 4 laps. Everett cruised around on his Haro and had a really good race with 6 laps.



Of course I started my race in the porta-potty. I waited until the group came by on the Lemans start, then headed to the 'johns'. I must have flipped up my jersey just a bit, forgot my bottle was in my pocket (I had taken several of our bikes to the cross clinic the day before and had forgot to put the bottle cage back on) and I felt the bottle fly out......thank goodness it didn't fall in, but just touching the inside of the porta-potty was enough for me, so I swapped it out before I headed out on my bike.



Once I got going it was heaven! I couldn't believe how nice and cool it was in the trees. It got me all excited about riding in the fall weather....with the red, yellow and brown leaves.....ahhh, the good life.


I got to see each family member at some point. I stopped between each lap and filled bottles for everyone, laid out our food, and even got to have lunch with Jansen. (after lap 3, I think) Pretty cool. I love this sport!


James from Peachtree Bikes was having a good time and had an excellent race. It was great to see him out there. I met a Sorella named Brigette and her husband after the ride. They were very nice.



All in all a very fun day of riding.

No comments: