Friday, September 26, 2008

Hell is fluorescent lighting in a store........

Kindle and I carpooled to the REI scratch and dent sale in Atl this past weekend. These things are hit or miss and there weren't too many good deals for us this year. Still, I did get a water bottle to take to my mom when I meet her in Oregon. (in the store, regular price)

Shopping is my idea of hell. I don't know if it is being cooped up in a stuffy building under fluorescent lights or the decisions, that are more difficult than what gear to shift into, but shopping will usually ruin my day. I actually take my ipod with me now to the grocery store and that helps. (The boys and I figured out how to get an enormous amount of groceries in under 30 minutes, several years ago....yes, we split up and race to the check out.) Give me a long hike, ride or paddle, any day!

Hitting REI with Kindle was pretty cool, though. We got to catch up with our buddy, Liz and we snuck over to IKEA for those, who knows what kind of meat that is, hot dog combo! Brian made out like a bandit with some pretty cool stuff and Kindle stopped at Marshalls to pick up a cool Timbuk2 bag, so she didn't go away empy handed, either.

I think Kindle and I will do a lot more riding together than shopping, but REI still beats the heck out of Macy's. :>)

1 comment:

mo--- said...

I couldn't agree more!!!