Sunday, December 14, 2008

Grocery Shopping Can Be An Adventure!

First, let me say that we have Kindle to thank for the large numbers of B women racers in the cyclocross series this year. It was her active recruiting that saw 14 women on the line, ready to battle it out on the course.

Second, I also need to let you know that Kindle can get a little sidetracked..... alot of the time.


So, I texted her that I was running to the store to pick up a few groceries and I could swing by her house if she wanted to go.



We got to Kroger and locked up our bikes, then hit the Starbucks before the apples.

I am almost finished picking up "a few things" when Kindle gets really excited because they have a really good deal on these hams. Not small hams, but kinda big hams.

I tell her that there is no way I can fit one in my bag, but she is welcome to carry it in hers. She agrees and we pick up the 6.5 lb ham!


We weighed the bags when we got home. 20 lbs for Kindle

26 lbs for me. We will cherish the ham forever and Kindle was paid in fresh eggs from the backyard for courier services rendered.



The Moral of the Story? Don't take Kindle shopping unless you are prepared to carry a big ham!

2 comments:

mo--- said...

wow that's a big ham! kindle is strong. I bet she carried her thanksgiving turkey home in her messenger bag too. ;-)

Kari Lindner said...

How did you know?! I once passed her on the road and she had a two large slabs of ribs with a bag of charcoal sticking out of her messenger bag....then she had a rope tied to a case of laundry detergent that she was dragging behind the bike. Amazing! All that just so Brian could have his BBQ and wash up after! :>)