Friday, November 25, 2011

Working off Thanksgiving at Bear Creek

 5 hours of Cohutta is the perfect way to burn off that awesome Thanksgiving Day meal!

**

We decided to meet Monte and John at Gates Chapel for a 8:30 am start and you know what?!?!?!?!  We were on time!!  I know, I know you don't believe me, so I got a picture!

**

This is the Lindner's on time......right here  \/



Ready to roll....



The guys did a big loop up Bear Creek, Potato Patch, Pinhoti Terminus, Mountaintown, Bear Creek and lots of FS roads in between.  I did P1, P2, 68, Bear Creek, ascend  Mountaintown....yep, just because Shey told me not to....that took freakin' forever, crazy rocky climb.....then derailleur got a little bent and then I met the boys on their way down Mountaintown, so I then descended MT and rolled my wet butt back to the car.  Wet from hitting hard in the middle of TWO of those crazy creek crossings.

**

Great 5 hours and tired legs on the way home.

**

I had lunch here:



With my little friend.

The trails were amazing and the creeks and waterfalls kept me smiling.


This is not the one I fell in, but there were at least 6 creek crossings and I got to cross them twice!  Yea for me!  I rode hard into most of them, but the current caught me in one of the deep crossings and I went down pretty hard and  then I went down in a second creek crossing for no apparent reason other than to cool off my butt and get my backpack nice and wet.  Oh well.  Thank goodness I was wearing wool socks and gloves!


Beautiful trails!  And the guys really enjoyed hanging with Monte and John D.  Thanks so much for driving up from Macon you two!





**

No comments: