Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Adventures


Well, Mother's Day weekend was pretty much perfect this year.  


On Saturday morning Shey left early for a long road ride and E, J and I headed in to town to check out the latest super soakers and nerf guns.  Nothing spectacular, so we left empty handed and dropped Everett off at the shop to work while Jansen and I drove on to meet some guys at IHP. 

I knew Jafer would be there, but we weren't sure who else he was riding with.  It turned out to be Michael Cummings and Todd Daprano!  Cool!  Miss those guys and we haven't seen Jafer in a few weeks, either.  The weather was amazing!  It started to sprinkle a cool light rain when we started riding and everything was green and awesome.


Thomas (local C Town Bikes rider and super nice guy), Jafer, Mike, Todd and Jansen.



I had fun snapping pics and video in the woods.  It was a fun ride!

Shey sent me yellow roses at work this week.  Beautiful!

Shey called and was locked out of the house, so Jansen and I headed home to save him.  Shey gave me a gift of four tickets to watch A Prairie Home Companion, which is a show I love on NPR and they were recording it live at the Fox Theater in Atl.     We picked up Everett and drove in to the show.

It was super cool and the musical guests were impressive.  Sam Bush and Lera Lynn.  Sam can play the mandolin like nobody's business and Lera was amazing!  Of course the boys and I were totally jazzed to get to see the sound effects guy, Fred Newman, live!








After the performance, we hit Farmburger for some late dinner.  Yum!!  Shey was very impressed with their mustard.....he told me several times.....

On Sunday, Jansen cleaned up the kitchen and made me some yummy homemade sticky rolls with cream cheese icing.  (he makes an awesome breakfast!)  It rained a nice cool rain all day and we hung around and visited and told funny stories about the crazy things we have done together.  I realize that is a normal day for the four of us, but I never take it for granted and I know I am one lucky Mom.  

**
Thanks to all three of you guys for making, not just my weekend, but my life so exciting and meaningful.

**

No comments: