Thursday, June 04, 2009

BUMP

Shey and Jansen headed over to race BUMP, which is one of my favorite races. (except for the heat) Jafer carpooled with them.

Everett wanted to work at the bike shop on Saturday, so we commuted in to Loganville and stayed home for the weekend.

On the way home I called Kindle and found out, due to a margarita issue, she was at the 10mile sag stop for the Pave the Path ride. I drove over to pick her up and we had yummy taco salad in her back yard for lunch. It was a pretty good day.

Shey finished second at BUMP on Sunday.
Jansen raced 17-18 age group and finished second after his cleat came off of his shoe, but stayed in the pedal. He raced with one foot clipped in.
Jafer flatted, but still finished strong. It was definitely a course that suited him and he was bummed that he didn't get the chance to work his mojo out there without a mechanical.

The results took many hours to straighten out and it sounded like everyone was pretty hot and tired by the time podium rolled around. Jansen called me at least six times to tell me he was hungry....... The payout is always good at BUMP and the course is long and fun, so I'm sure we will be back.

No comments: