Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun trip to Texas

We took a trip to Texas to visit our family. Mom and Dad came to see us a couple months ago, but it's always nice to go chill out at their house and eat fajitas and brisket.





Taco Cabana is always our first stop after we fly in. But, Dad's fajitas are even better, so he always makes us some, too.


The guys keep themselves entertained, as I finish eating.






Mom and I stopped by Bear Moon Bakery for our yummy coffee treat and all of us went to the Market Days in-town.




I love to run in the Boerne area, so I get up early, when it's still reasonably cool and run into town.


I bought a super cool gardening hat. So, I have overalls, a garden "tractor", and a hat. I MUST be a farmer.






Everett went with us to the nature center. They have added some new buildings.






Mom and Dad have a neighbor who likes to work with wood, so Dad and Jansen went to visit Mr. Ed. Jansen came back with some pretty cool pieces and a book. Neat.




We had dinner with my brother Kris and his family on Sunday evening. They were pretty tired from traveling to a wedding and visiting family, but the burgers were awesome.





We headed to Comfort to have lunch with Shey's mom, sister, grandmother, aunt and her daughter. Here you see the boys working on their baby handling skills.
We answered their questions about cycling and our races. That was pretty cool. Then, after we talked about our training, diet and race distances, Shey's grandmother asked Everett if he played any "sports". :>) I completely forgot to take out the camera until were we about to leave.


Jansen still got to work-out. :>)



The great fly hunter.




On our way to the airport we found a really cool wood-working store. Jansen was in heaven looking at all the tools they had. He bought a rasp and a strop. I am hoping he will carve a really cool gargoyle or troll for my garden.

No comments: