Sunday, August 21, 2011

KSU to Blankets

From KSU to Blankets is about 15 miles, so I looked up some routes and J, E and I decided to ride together from the university over to the trail head.
**
The route is great with some nice climbs and very few turns, but the traffic was uber heavy!

The route to Blankets was mostly in the sun and we didn't leave until around 1pm and that makes a big difference. It was hot. We were glad to hit some shade once we got to the trail head.
The trails are hard packed and very smooth, so I left the high pressure in my tires for the road ride back. No problems and a great ride. It felt at least 10 degrees cooler in the trees. I rode for about 45 minutes, then came across Everett at a trail intersection. He was fixing his glasses.
Soon after, Jansen called and said he had a flat and was walking out. I had stuff to fix a flat, but I didn't think he was very far away, so, we waited and I took this picture:

And this...
this one too......
I love this one!
Hmmm, I didn't think he was that far into the trail.....
No word, yet.....
Ah, he called and someone gave him a tube, so he made it back soon after.  (I had misunderstood and he was pretty far out on the trail.)
Seriously mom, (checking time on phone) it didn't take me that long....like 20 minutes.  Sheesh.
Back on the pavement, again, for another 15 miles back. We stopped for gatorade.  COLD gatorade.

It was a good ride and we found out that when the latch on the back door of your station wagon gets stuck, you can use the tie from your hoodie to tie it closed. Ahhh, the many uses of a good hoodie!

**

We had parked just outside of the university, so we gave Everett a ride back to his apartments, then Jansen and I headed home. Lots of great stories from our different crazy road trips with family and friends, made the 1 1/2 drive fly by and we are already looking forward to catching up with Everett for another ride next weekend! Uh, yeah, a birthday ride!!! With cake at the end!!

**
Kari Lindner

No comments: